Monday, February 2, 2009

Changes

It's been a few weeks and I'm sure the faithful readers of my blog have seen that I am no longer on the roster of the Battle Creek Revolution. A few things added up to that equation, I tore a ligament in my elbow against Evansville a few weeks ago and tried playing thru it and made it worse. Other than that B.C. was making some changes and going in a different direction and for one reason or another I wasn't in their plans. There's nothing I can do about it and wish them all the best for the rest of their season

I had a great time in my 3 months with Battle Creek and met tons of great people. From the front office staff, the interns, the teammates and the fans; they made it one of my best experiences ever in my pro career. I still stay in touch with some of the guys and I know that I always will. We had some awesome times both at the rink and away from it. Memories that will last a lifetime. From the parties and the inside jokes, right down to somehow becoming a secret WWF fan and watching Monday Night RAW alone last week at home, I had a great time out there and wish it didn't end. I have nothing but good things to say about the team, the city and the league and really hope everything goes well in the future.

As for what I'm doing now, it's a whole lot of nothing. I'm trying to get healthy so I can finish the season out somewhere either in the EPHL or back out in the AAHA. But I've tried skating a couple times and my elbow hasn't responded well yet so it isn't looking good. It really sucks for this to happen right in the middle of the best season of my career, but that's the way it goes and I have to live with it.

Keep checking back in and I'll keep you updated on the injury and my playing career. It's been a season full of roller coasters and hopefully it isn't over yet.

-Hutch 9-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,
How are you? I am starting a hockey website that is going to cover the pro leagues, junior leagues and college hockey and we are going to have a blog section and we would like to know if you would be interested in writing a few blogs for us.

Hope to hear from you

Jon Hutcheon said...

Andruw shoot me an email I'd love to get involved.

jon_hutcheon@hotmail.com is my email address...look forward to getting it started!

-Hutch-