Sunday, April 5, 2009

You're Gunna Miss This

There's a country song that is titled "You're Gunna Miss This" by Trace Adkins, part of the chorus says "You're gunna miss this, you're gunna want this back, you're gunna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast, cuz these are some good times so take a good look around you may not know it now but you're gunna miss this." When I hear that song I think about the way my life is; when you're in your twenties and just having a good time. Tonight I was watching tv and getting game updates via text message from the Chi-Town/Battle Creek 5th game in the AAHA championship series. The song came on tv and I was thinking about all the good memories I had out in B.C. this season and even though Battle Creek didn't win the game I'm still proud of all those guys and what they accomplished this season. I also have to say congratulations to the Shooters, particularly Nigel Hawryliw who won his 2nd professional ring tonight, Alex Motley who was a teammate/roommate of mine last season and Brian Jacque who is a Massachusetts boy and has been dying to get his name in the blog since training camp this year. Both Jaco and Mots are celebrating their first championships tonight.

With tonight being the end of the All American Hockey Association's season I can put an end to the scoreboard watching to see how the Revs are doing. Now I can focus on the '09-'10 season. I don't have a clue where I'll be playing yet, but have a few leads. Maybe I'll be back in the AAHA or somewhere overseas or in a "AA" league here in the United States. As far as I'm concerned tomorrow is the first day of the new season. So once again congrats to the Shooters, but also congrats to everyone involved in the Battle Creek Revolution organization.

I'm going to go on record here and make some predictions for the Frozen Four that takes place next weekend in Washington, DC. I would make a prediction about the NCAA Basketball Final Four, but I didn't watch a minute of it this year so who cares. I think the Miami Red Hawks will beat Bemidji State and faceoff in the finals against Boston University, who should beat UVM in an Hockey East semi-final. BU I think will be too strong for Miami and should win the whole thing. BU is just too strong of a team to be knocked off at this point, they are built like a professional hockey team.

In other big hockey news my hometown Boston Bruins clinched the top spot in the Eastern Conference yesterday with a 1-0 win over the New York Rangers. The game could be an early preview to a first round playoff match-up as the Rangers are tied for 8th place right now with the Florida Panthers. As a Bruins fan I'd rather see them play the Panthers, I think NYR is a very dangerous team with tons of playoff saavy players like Scott Gomez, Markus Nasland, Chris Drury and Wade Redden. Plus they have uber pest Sean Avery, who I love to watch play when he can keep his mouth shut.

AAHA fans stay in touch with me this off season thru emails and reading the blog.

Thanks for everything this season to everyone in Battle Creek. Weezy, Nigel, Demers, Wader, Huggs, Bart Really, the whole team, Kaitlin, Haili, Doc Joe, Joe K and everyone else that I'm forgetting.

No comments: