Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Future

After a couple weeks of searching around and talking to some teams, I have found myself a new home for the upcoming season. Again. It's funny to think that before a season even starts this is my third team of the year. The Battle Creek Revolution of the All American Hockey Association is my newest adventure. I'm really hoping that this is the real deal and everything works out with the Revolution, their coach Matt Wiedenhoeft is extremely upbeat and optimistic about the season. I actually should thank Brendan Tedstone for putting Matt in touch with me after everything fell apart with the Copper City Chiefs, Teddy gave me a very good recommendation and got the ball rolling as far as negotiations between myself and Battle Creek.

According to wikipedia.org, Battle Creek, Michigan is known as the "cereal city" due to the fact that the Kellogg world headquarters were founded there back in 1906. It looks like a decent size city located in southern Michigan. From what I've heard and what it looks like on the message boards, the people around the area cannot wait for the team to come to town and get everything underway. After everything that I've been thru the past couple weeks I'm just happy to find a new home for my career. And November 3rd cannot come soon enough to put everything behind me and get the season going.

I was thinking the other day and was trying to figure out how many places and how many miles I've put under my belt in my 3 years of pro hockey to date. From my old home in Dunstable, MA to Danbury, CT (Danbury Trashers) in '05. Then a trip from Dunstable, MA to Broomfield, CO (Rocky Mountain Rage) to Knoxville, TN (Knoxville Ice Bears) back to Dunstable in '06. Then numerous trips from Dunstable to Danbury to play in the NEHL in '06/'07 and from Danbury to Findlay, OH . Then from Reading, MA to Amarillo, TX (Amarillo Gorillas) back to Reading, by way of a bus, to kickstart the '07/'08 season. Reading to Knoxville again this time for the regular season, Knoxville to Jacksonville, FL back to Knox then back to Reading all within a week timeframe. And to cap off the '07/'08 season from Reading down to Oaks, PA (Valley Forge Freedom). I did the math on mapquest and came up with the number of 13,123 miles in just 3 years of pro hockey.

It's been a heck of a trip so far and to be honest I'm excited about putting more miles underneath me this season. Hopefully with a few call ups and more miles added to a new car that I will be getting this week.

No comments: