Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Roller Coaster Continues...

Well it's been over a month since my last entry, so I'm sure I've lost a couple readers. But the write ups will be coming much more frequently as I will have plenty to write about for the rest of the season. I have decided to play again this season and will be suiting up for the Detroit Hitmen in the All American Hockey League. It's the same league I played in last year for Battle Creek and I will be playing for the same coach I played for last season as well. Matt Wiedenhoeft is behind the bench of the Hitmen and I am excited to get out there and start up the season. At the very latest I will in a Hitmen uniform by November 20th. I can't wait to get out there and play for Weezy again, as I have previously stated I loved playing for him last year and I'm sure this year will be no different.

The Hitmen have had a rough start to the season going 0-5-0, but are making changes to turn things around and be a winning hockey club by Christmas. When I arrive in Detroit I will be reunited with Charles Harvey and Brett Aimone, who I have played with the past 2 seasons both in Battle Creek and Valley Forge. I'll also see Brad Bohlinger again who was in Battle Creek for a bit with me last year also.

But before I get ahead of myself telling you how awesome it'll be in Detroit I cannot forget to mention how great of a season the Neponset Valley River Rats U18 team is having. At last update we were 12-0-1 and taking the country by storm. We finished our regular season this afternoon with a record of 19-1-2. By far the best season we have ever had. Myself and head coach Scott McDougall are very happy with what we have gotten out of this group. We've been tough on them this season, but only because we know what we can get out of them every night. Next weekend we will enter our state playoffs with a 10-0-2 record in the league and play a round robin style tournament against the top 4 teams in the Mass Select League. The finals are Sunday and the winner goes to Nationals in April. There's not much more to be said about that... Everyone in the league wants to go to Nationals, we've been the favorite since August 30th.

We'll see what we can get out of them next Friday-Sunday. And I'll be sure to keep you posted. Also for those of you on twitter you can follow me at http://twitter.com/JonHutcheon

-Hutch-

No comments: