Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Big News Continued

So I took some heat on a message board that I frequent about being traded to Copper City. In no way did I mean for it to sound that I didn't want to be a part of Danbury, if I didn't want to be there I wouldn't have gone to the EPHL press release back in March and I wouldn't have driven down in June for the pick a seat party and I certainly would never have signed there. To be completely honest I was extremely excited about going back to Danbury, my first pro camp was with the Trashers back in '05 but a bad knee kept me from passing physicals. I played 4 or 5 games there 2 seasons ago in the NEHL and I love the arena and the fans and everything else, with New York City less than an hour away it's a great place to play. However, professional hockey is a business and trades happen so it really doesn't matter how much I was looking forward to playing in Danbury this season because the trade happened and there's nothing I can do about it.

I know section 102 is going to give it to me good on opening night November 1st and that's alright I expected it anyway. But 102 is what makes Danbury what it is, it's a fun place to play and I can't wait to get back there.

No comments: