Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who I Am

So anyone who is reading this is probably wondering just who the hell I am and why I'm blogging about minor league hockey. For starters my name is Jon Hutcheon and in case you haven't guessed by now I play professional hockey in the minors. I grew up in Massachusetts and hockey has always been a part of my life, so it was only a natural progression for me as a player to play high school then junior A then a bit in college and finally try my luck in the world of professional hockey. The point of this blog isn't to brag about what I'm doing or where I'm playing, it's simply to inform the many people out there who want to know what goes on behind the scenes and in the minds of young players trying to go as far as they can in the greatest game on earth.

A few months back I signed with the Danbury Mad Hatters of the new single A Eastern Professional Hockey League. At 23 years old it's not exactly where I expected myself at this point in my professional career, but nothing ever goes exactly as planned and besides it wouldn't be much fun if everyone's fairy tale came true. A couple injuries and a numbers crunch have kept me on the outside looking in at the Central Hockey League, but I'm confident that this season I'll prove myself as a strong AA player.

So now that you know where I play I'll let you know some more details. Like I said I'm 23 years old (I turn 24 on September 27th, so I expect some birthday wishes in a few weeks) and I live in Reading, MA. Over the summer it's business as usual with a couple skates and day and workout session mixed in between and of course a lot of partying with the hockey buddies who come home for the summer.

Feel free to email me any questions and I look forward to keeping everyone updated as the season draws near and get underway!

No comments: